Remote Sensing (RS) , Geographic Information System (GIS) , Google Earth Engine (GEE), Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) , Spatial Data Modelling and data Mining , Disaster Management.
Hossain, M.J.,Mahmud, M.M., & Islam, S.T. (2023). Conversion of Vegetation Cover into Built-up Areas from 1991 to 2022 in Saint Martin Islands in Bangladesh using Google Earth Engine. Journal of Environmental Systems Research. [In Review]. Link: https://rb.gy/62mer0
Asadujjaman, M., Islam, S. T., Rahman, S. H., Matin, M., Salim, R., Malak, A., Sanyal, N., Akand, M. K., Mahmud, M. M., Mondal, K. P., Sarkar, M., & Talukder, B., 2023. Salinity Intrusion and Sea Level Rise in Southwestern Coastal Regions: A Governance and Data Perspective in Tackling Climate Change-Induced Challenges. Journal of Global Environmental Change, ELSEVIER. (In Review). Link: https://rb.gy/8wgs0h
Ibtehal, K.M., Akash, F. & Mahmud, M.M. (2023). Shoreline Change Detection of Nizam Island, Bangladesh using GIS and Remote Sensing Techniques, Journal of Geospatial Science, Vol-1, Jahangirnagar University [Submitted-in Review]
Khatun, M.S., Mahmud, M.M. & Hossain, M.J., (2023). Mapping And Monitoring Of Padma River Bank Erosion And Channel Shifting By Using Geospatial Techniques; Bulletin of National Resource Centre, Springer. [Submitted-in Review]
Hossain,S.N., Abedin A., & Mahmud, M.M. (2023). Geospatial Dimensions of Industrial Water Pollution and Its Effects on Rivers Around Savar Upazila: Anticipating Ecological Risk and Prospects for Sustainable Waste Management, The Jahangirnagar Review, Part: II: Social Science, Vol. 48, ISBN: 1682–7422. [Submitted-in Review]
Meem, F. T., Mahmud, M. M., & Hossain, M. J. (2023). Identification of Flood Extent Area and Flood Risk Zone Using Geospatial Technologies in Tahirpur Upazila. Peer Review on Geo-Image Journal. https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.rs-3311339/v1
Hasan, K.M., Datta, K.K, Feeroz, M.M., Mahmud, M.M., Modal, K.P & Alom, K (2023) Revisiting Western Hoolock Gibbon (Hoolock) Distribution, Population Status, Habitat Condition, Research Trends and Conservation in Bangladesh. Journal of Global Ecology and Conservation, Elsevier’s. [Submitted}
1. Mahmud, M.M., and Islam, S.T. (2015) Education and Natural Hazards in Bangladesh: Assessing the Disaster Impacts, Vulnerabilities and Preparedness in Keshabpur and CharFasson Upazila; The Jahangirnagar Review, Part: II: Social Science,Vol. XXXVII, ISBN: 1682-7422
2. Mahmud , M.M., and Roni, R. (2016). Impacts of water logging in the southwestern coastal region of Bangladesh; Bhugol Patrika, Department of Geography and Environment, Jahangirnagar University, Volume 34/2015, Pages 49–64. ISSN 1027-8567.
3. Mahmud, M.M. (2023) Urban Heat Island Effect and Urban Density of Savar Municipality, The Jahangirnagar Review, Part II: Social Science, Vol. 47, No. 3, Pages 19–40, ISBN: 1682–7422.
4. Hossain, M.J., Mahmud, M.M., and Islam, S.T. (2023). Monitoring spatiotemporal changes of urban surface water based on satellite imagery and Google Earth Engine platform in Dhaka City from 1990 to 2021 Bull Natl Res Cent, Springer, 47,150 https://doi.org/10.1186/s42269-023-01127-5.
5. Islam. S.T. , Miah, M.H., Jubaer, A., Modal, K.P. & Mahmud, M.M., (2023). An Assessment of the Causes and Consequences of Landslides (2017) Occurred in the Southeastern Areas of Bangladesh, Journal of Science and Technology Research (JSTR), Ministry of Science and Technology, GoB, Link: https://shorturl.at/mFGLM (Accepted)
6. Hossain, M. J., Mahmud, M. M., & Moinuddin, G. (2023). Integrated Solid Waste Management for Closed Community: An Experiment on Jahangirnagar University Campus. Waste and Resource Management-Proceedings of the ICE (Accepted). Link: https://t.ly/FyOzt
1. Mehjabin, K.N., Mahmud, M.M. & Islam, S.T. (2023) Cyclone Amphan's Fury and COVID-19: A Multi-Disaster Geospatial Analysis of Flood-Induced Damage and Vulnerability in Hussain, A.(ed.) COVID-19 Social Science Perspectives, Faculty of Social Sciences, Dhaka: Naksha, pp. 159-190.
1. Science and Technology Ministry Research Grant of 2021-2022: An assessment of the causes and consequences of landslides (2017) took place in South-eastern parts of Bangladesh. Amount TK 250000/- BDT
2. Science and Technology Ministry Research Grant of 2021-2022; Urban Heat Island Effect and Building Density: A Geospatial Inquiry on Rangpur City Corporation. Amount TK 250000/-
3. Jahangirnagar University Research Grant of 2021-2022: A GIS-Remote Sensing-based inquiry on Urban Heat Island Effect and Urban Density of Savar Municipality, Dhaka. Amount TK 101967/-
4. Jahangirnagar University Research Grant of 2022-2023; An assessment of Agricultural Land Transformation in Rampal Upazila by using geospatial technologies: linking environmental change with sustenance and social well-being of local communities. Amount TK 102000/=
5. Jahangirnagar University Research Grant of 2023-2024, Applications of Geospatial Intelligence in Humanitarian Aid and Relief Operations, Amount TK 106000/= BDT
OTHERMd. Munir Mahmud, Education and Natural Hazards in Bangladesh: Assessing the Disaster Impacts, Vulnerabilities and Preparedness,
Md. Munir Mahmud, Learning Lesson from Nepal Earthquake 2015 for Effective Earthquake Management in Bangladesh.,
|Course Code||Course Title||Semester/Year|
|MICT-5408||Geographic Information Systems||IIT 46 Batch 2022|
|ARC-409||Computer in Archaeology (Practical)||Archaeology 46 Batch 2021|
|ARC-408||Computer in Archaeology||46 Batch 2021|
|IRS-502 (2nd Batch)||Fundamentals of Geographic Information System||MSc. 2nd Batch First Semester|
|IRS-510||Advanced Geographical Information System||MSc. First Batch Second Semester|
|IRS-502 (First Batch)||Fundamentals of Geographic Information System||MSc. First Batch First Semester|
Period: Session: 2007-2008 (SSC Batch -2008)
Period: Session: 2008-2009 (HSC Batch -2010)
Period: 2011-2014 (Result published in March 2016)
Period: 2014-2015 (Result published in March 2017)
M.Sc. in Geography and Environemnt (Thesis Group)
Position: Research Assistant,
Period: [February 2015 to October 2015].
Position: Research Assistant
Period: [September 2016 to December 2016].
Position: Research Assistant
Period: [May 2018 to November 2018].
Position: Research Assistant
Period: [December 2019 to March 2020].
Position: Geospatial Science Expert
Period: [September 2018 to August 2020].
Period: March 2022- till date
Period: December 2020- Till date
Position: Student Welfare Advisor
Period: 17 August 2021- till date
Position: Assistant House Tutor, Begum Sufia Kamal Hall
Period: August 2021- till date
Position: Assistant House Tutor, Shaheed Rafia-Jabber Hall
Period: December 2020- August 2021