Plant Tissue Culture and Environmental Plant Physiology
1. T. Hossain, S. Bilkis, S. K. Roy and S. Hadiuzzaman, 1991. Shoot differentiation from callus culture of Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam.). Bangladesh J. Bot. 20(2): 239-241
2. S. K. Roy, T. Hossain and S. Bilkis, 1991. Microproapgation of Artocarpus heterophyllus through in vitro shoot proliferation on nodal explants of mature trees. Acta Horticulturae 289: 145-146.
3. M. Hossain, T. Hossain, S. K. Roy and S. N. Hossain, 1992. Morphogenic responses in explants of Leucaena leucocephala (Lam.) De Wit following different phytohormones. Plant Tissue Cult. 2(1): 31-34.
4. T. Hossain, M. Hossain, S. K. Roy and S. N. Hossain, 1992. Effect of BAP-Casein Hydrolysate on in vitro multiplication of Leucaena leucocephala from different explants. Plant Tissue Cult. 2(2): 97-101.
5. T. Hossain, M. Hossain, S. K. Roy and S. N. Hossain, 1994. Clonal multiplication of Leucaena leucocephala by in vitro culture. Bangladesh J. Life Sci. 6 (2): 27-30.
6. T. Hossain, M. Hossain, S. K. Roy and S. N. Hossain, 1994. BAP-sucrose for in vitro multiplication of Leucaena leucocephala. Nitrogen Fixing Tree Research Reports (U.S.A) 12: 100-102.
7. S. K. Roy, P. K. Roy, M. Rahman and T. Hossain, 1995. Clonal propagation of Rauvolfia serpentina through in vitro culture. Acta Horticulturae 390: 141-146.
8. T. Hossain, A. B. M. E. Hossain and S. K. Roy, 1996. In vitro multiplication of watermelon (Citrullus vulgaris). Bangladesh J. Life Sci. 8(2): 67-69.
9. T. Hossain, S. K. Roy and A. B. M. E. Hossain, 1997. In vitro shoot multiplication of Melastoma malabathrica L. Bangladesh J. Life Sci. 9(1): 69-70.
10. M. T. Hossain, K. Soga, K. Wakabayashi, S. Fujii, R. Yamamoto and T. Hoson, 2002. Silicon stimulates oat leaf growth by modifying cell wall properties. Proceedings of the 2nd Silicon in Agriculture Conference (international), Yamagata, Japan, August 22-26, 2002. pp. 121-124.
11. M. T. Hossain, R Mori, K. Soga, K. Wakabayashi, S. Kamisaka, S. Fujii, R. Yamamoto and T. Hoson, 2002. Growth promotion and an increase in cell wall extensibility by silicon in rice and some other Poaceae seedlings. J. Plant Res. 115: 23-27.
12. M. T. Hossain, 2005. Clonal multiplication of soybean (Glycine max L.) through in vitro culture techniques. Bangladesh J. Life Sci. 17(1): 139-141.
13. M. T. Hossain, K. Soga, K. Wakabayashi, S. Fujii, R. Yamamoto and T. Hoson, 2006. Studies on cellular distribution of silicon and its relation to oat leaf growth. Bangladesh J. Life Sci. 18(1): 153-155.
14. M. T. Hossain, K. Soga, K. Wakabayashi, S. Kamisaka, S. Fujii, R. Yamamoto and T. Hoson, 2007. Modification of chemical properties of cell walls by silicon and its role in regulation of the cell wall extensibility in oat leaves. J. Plant Physiol. 164: 385-393.
15. M. T. Hossain, F. Hossain and M. A. Karim, 2007. Effect of lead on germination, growth and chlorophyll contents in mungbean at early seedling stage. Bangladesh J. Life Sci. 19(1): 41-48.
16. M. S. Sultana, M. A. Karim, F. Hossain and M. T. Hossain, 2007. Effect of NaCl on germination and seedling growth of mungbean varieties. Bangladesh J. Life Sci. 19 (2): 1-8.
17. M. S. Sultana, M. A. Karim, F. Hossain, M. A. Halim and M. T. Hossain, 2009. Effect of salinity on growth and yield of two mungbean varieties differing in salinity tolerance. Bangladesh J. Life Sci.
18. M. T Hossain, K Soga, K Wakabayashi and T Hoson, 2015. Effects of lead toxicity on growth and cell wall extensibility in rice seedlings. Bangladesh J. Botany, 44(2): 333-336, 2015 (June).
19. M.S Sultana, M.A Halim, F Hossain, M.A Karim and M.T Hossain. 2019. Effects of sodium chloride salinity on water relations and ion accumulation in two mungbean varieties differing in salinity tolerance, Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, Science, 45(1): 45-54.
20. A Jazib, M.T Hossain and R.I Razu, 2020. Clonal propagation of Dracaena fragrans cv. Victoria through tissue culture technology. Jahangirnagar University Journal of Biological Sci. 8(2): 1-11, 2020.
21. R.I Razu, A.K Hashi, A Jazib and M.T Hossain, 2022. Micropropagation of Alocasia amazonica through indirect shoot organogenesis. Plant Tissue Cult. & Biotech. 32 (1): 13-20, 2022 (June).
22. P. Sharothi, R. I. Raju and M. T. Hossain, 2022. In vitro Propagation of an Ornamental Bamboo (Bambusa tuldoides Munro), Journal of Plant Tissue Culture & Biotechnology (PTC&B), Vol. 32, No. 2, pp.157-166, 2022. doi: https://doi.org/10.3329/ptcb.v32i2.63550
|Course Code||Course Title||Semester/Year|
Period: Sept. 25 to Dec. 23, 2009
Post Doc Follow up Research Fellowship
Period: Awarded in 2003
Ph. D in Environmental Plant Physiology
M.Sc. in Botany. Thesis on plant tissue culture.
1st Class 1st Position
B. Sc. (Hons) in Botany
1st Class 2nd position
Period: September 12, 2007 to date
Position: Associate Professor
Period: May 30, 2003 to September 11, 2007
Position: Assistant Professor
Period: June 3, 1996 to May 29, 2003
Period: December 30, 1992 to June 2, 1996
Period: Oct 15, 2013 to Oct 14, 2016
Period: June 11, 2008 to July 5, 2010
Period: April 24, 2006 to June 10, 2008
1. Life member of Bangladesh Botanical Society
2. Life member of Bangladesh Association for Plant Tissue Culture
3. Life member of Japanese Universities Alumni Association, Bangladesh
4. Member, Editorial Board, Bangladesh Journal of Life Sciences, 2008-09
5. Member, Academic Council, Jahangirnagar University, 2004 - Todate
Dr. Mohammad Talim Hossain
Department of Botany
Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka-1342, Bangladesh.
Cell Phone: 01712258160
Work Phone: 01712258160
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com