Dr. Sheikh Abu Taher is currently a professor at the department of Finance and Banking, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh. He completed his BBA from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh and Master and PhD from University of Hyogo, Japan (with Japanese Government Scholarship recipient). His research mainly focuses on digital economy, digital finance, economic evaluation of eHealth and modeling of future finance industry. He publishes few papers in both national and international (Elsevier, Springer, IGI Global) journals and some international book chapters (Scopus and Web of Science Index) and presented his works at international conferences (e.g., India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, South Korea, Malaysia, Japan, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, USA). Besides, he serves as editorial board members of some national and international journals. He is the member of Canadian Economics Association and International Trade and Finance Association.
Digital economy, digital finance, alternative finance and modeling of future finance industry
JOURNAL PAPER1. Shigeno, H., Bunno, T., Ueki, Y., Taher, S. A., & Tsuji, M. (2021). The Joint Impact of R&D and ICT on Innovation in Japanese Innovative SMEs by Panel Data Analysis Based on Firm-Level Survey Data. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, 2140009.
2. Taher, S. A., & Jamil, G. M. H. (2020). Inventory holdings and firm performance: Empirical evidence from selected companies in Bangladesh. The Jahangirnagar Journal of Finance and Banking, 7(1), 1-8.
3. Taher, S. A., & Jamil, G. M. H. (2019). Corporate dividend policy and firm performance: Evidence from food and textile industry. Journal of Banking and Financial Services, 11(2), 253-265.
4. Taher, S. A., & Akhi, R. A. (2019). Impact of Working Capital Management on Firms Investment and Financing Constraints: Empirical Evidence from Bangladesh. The Jahangirnagar Journal of Business Studies, 8(1), 14-22.
5. Idota, H., Taher, S. A., Bunno, T., & Tsuji, M. (2019). Conducting product innovation by using social media among Japanese firms. STI Policy and Management Journal, 4(2), 153-166.
6. Taher, S. A. (2018). Mobile financial services and economic development. The Jahangirnagar Journal of Finance and Banking, 6(1), 11-19.
7. Taher, S. A., & Das, U. (2017). Effects of firm specific factors in determining the stock return of Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE). The Jahangirnagar Journal of Business Studies, 6(1), 19-30.
8. Taher, S. A. (2015). The determinants of banks performance in Bangladesh-An empirical Investigation. The Jahangirnagar Journal of Finance and Banking, 3(1), 17-25.
CONFERENCE PAPER1. Shigeno, H., Matsuzaki, T., Taher, S. A. & Tsuji, M. (2022). Relationship between innovation and corporate performance in Japanese SMEs by two-stage panel data analysis: Focusing on the joint effect of ICT and R&D. The International Telecommunication Society 23rd Biennial Conference, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden.
2. Taher, S. A. & Tsuji, M. (2022). Digital Financial Innovations, Financial Inclusion and Growth: Evidence from Emerging Asian Economies. 32nd International Trade and Finance Association Annual Conference 2022. Local host: City University of New York, USA and HEC Montreal CIRANO, Canada.
3. Taher, S. A. & Tsuji, M. (2021). Do digital financial innovation and financial inclusion accelerate economic growth in Asia: An empirical analysis. The 55th Annual Conference of the Canadian Economics Association, Simon Fraser University, Canada.
BOOK CHAPTER1. Taher, S. A., & Tsuji, M. (2022). An Overview of FinTech in Bangladesh: Problems and Prospects. In FinTech Development for Financial Inclusiveness (pp. 82-95). IGI Global.
2. Idota, H., Taher, S. A., & Tsuji, M. (2021). The Impact of ICTs and Business Strategy on Innovation Activities: Empirical Evidence from Japanese SMEs. In Competitive Drivers for Improving Future Business Performance (pp. 154-177). IGI Global.
3. Tsuji, M., Taher, S. A., & Kinai, Y. (2015). Empirical Analysis of the Effect of eHealth on Medical Expenditures of Patients with Chronic Diseases. In International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (pp. 12-23). Springer, Cham.
4. Tsuji, M., Taher, S. A., & Kinai, Y. (2015). Can eHealth Reduce Medical Expenditures of Chronic Diseases? In Digital Healthcare Empowering Europeans (pp. 246-250). IOS Press.
|Course Code||Course Title||Semester/Year|
|FNB 509||Cases in Finance and Banking|
|FNB 406||Business Research Methodology|
|FNB 302||Financial Markets and Institutes|
|FNB 106||Principles of Finance|
Period: 2022 -
Position: Associate Professor
Period: 2015 – 2022
Position: Assistant Professor
Period: 2013 – 2015
Period: 2011 – 2013
Position: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Period: 2014 – 2015
Period: 2008 - 2011
Dr. Sheikh Abu Taher
Department of Finance & Banking
Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka-1342, Bangladesh.