Aug 01, 2022
The book is a result of the research on refugee diaspora depicted in two films by Tanvir Mokammel ‘The Border Line’ (Seemantorekha) and ‘The promised Land’ (Swapnabhumi). The research was conducted under the Bangladesh Film Archive fellowship 2020-2021. The vulnerability of the diasporic situation presented in these two documentaries is analyzed by contemporary political philosophical theory. The issues of statelessness, identity crisis, and diasporic condition of the displaced people as visualized in the films are also the major concerns in contemporary global politics. Due to the partition in 1947 many people had to leave their homeland under cruel violence and massacres. A huge number of the Bengali Hindu population left the then East Bengal and took refuge in many places in India. Similarly, many Biharis and Bengali Muslims migrated from India and came to the then East Pakistan which is Bangladesh now. Seventy years have passed since then. How are these people now? And how the political boundaries of barbed ware have affected people’s lives and relations? All these have been presented in these two films. The book attempts to understand the eternal human relationship with one's motherland under the new structure of political identity as depicted by the state boundaries.
- ১৫ আগস্ট জাতীয় শোক দিবসে জাতির পিতা বঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিবুর রহমান ও তার পরিবারের শহিদ সদস্যদের প্রতি বিনম্র শ্রদ্ধা
- The Book "State, Identity and Diaspora in Tanvir Mokammel's Films" authored by Muhammad Ullah has been published by the Bangladesh Film Archive, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- অদ্য ২৩-০৬-২০২২ থেকে ২০২১-২০২২ প্রথম বর্ষ স্নাতক (সম্মান) শ্রেণির ভর্তি পরীক্ষার্থীদের প্রবেশপত্র ডাউনলোড প্রক্রিয়া শুরু হয়েছে।
- রচনা প্রতিযোগিতায় তৃতীয় স্থান অধিকারী
- 2 days International Virtual Workshop on Personalized and Inclusive Education in Bangladesh
- Press note on IIT establishment day program, 2022